at Henderson State
2/2/2021 | 6:30 p.m.
SEARCY – The Harding volleyball team swept Arkansas-Monticello 3-0 (25-10, 25-13, 25-17) Tuesday in Great American Conference action.
Harding improves to 1-0 overall and 1-0 in the GAC.
Arkansas-Monticello falls to 0-1 overall and 0-1 in the GAC.
Harding took the first four points of the opening set on two kills. Leading 19-9, the Lady Bisons went on a 6-1 run to win the set 25-10. Harding hit .407 in the set and was led by Logan Smith who had four kills.
Arkansas-Monticello took a 3-1 lead in the second set until Harding went on a 4-1 run to lead 5-4. Leading 10-9, the Lady Bisons went on a 6-0 run on three kills and two service aces to lead 16-9. Harding closed the set with a 5-0 run on two kills and two aces to win 25-13. The Lady Bisons had 14 kills led by Libby Hinton who had six.
Trailing 12-11, Harding went on a 6-0 run on two kills to lead 17-12. Leading 22-17, the Lady Bisons scored the next three points on two kills and an ace to win the set 25-17. Harding held Arkansas-Monticello to hitting .079 in the set. Libby Hinton had four kills for the Lady Bisons.
– Libby Hinton led Harding with 10 kills, hit .400 and had four blocks.
– Logan Smith had nine kills and hit .400.
– Sarah Morehead had 25 assists.
– Harding had 52 digs led by Katherine Cowart who had 11. Amber Robin added 10 digs.
– Cowart also had four services aces.
– Faith Wilemon led Arkansas-Monticello with eight kills.
– The Blossoms hit .065 in the match.
– Katelyn Richbourg led the defense with 11 digs.
Harding will travel to Arkadelphia, Arkansas to take on Henderson State Feb. 2 in Great American Conference action. First serve is at 6 p.m.