The Griffin High track and field teams competed at a track meet Friday in Monticello, the Lady Bears scoring 103.5 points to place second and the Bears scoring 74 points to place fourth in a six-school field. Top-three finishers for the Lady Bears included:
• Alina Harris (16.33) first in the 100-meter hurdles.
• Alina Harris (48.39) first in the 300-meter hurdles.
• Bre’Asia Flynt, Alina Harris, CiCi Wimbush, Makayla Toussaint (50.86) first in the 4×100-meter relay.
• Alina Harris, Mirakle Hill, Makayla Toussaint and Bre’Asia Flynt (4:19.17) first in the 4×400-meter relay.
• Makayla Toussaint (1:01.81) second in the 400 meter.
• Bre’Asia Flynt (16.92) second in the 100-meter hurdles.
• Bre’Asia Flynt (49.39) second in the 300-meter hurdles.
• Mya Carlisle (5:52,85) third in the 1600.
Top-three finishers for the Bears included:
• Jordan Favors (11.10) first in the 100-meter dash.
• Landon Richardson (5-10.00) first in the high jump.
• Brassley Terrell (11.10) second in the 100-meter dash.
• Jordan Favors, Jefferey Johnson, Cameron Kelsey, Brassley Terrell (43.28) second in the 4×400-meter relay.
• Landon Richardson (17.00) third in the 100-meter hurdles.
The final boys standing had Oglethorpe County in first with 169.5 points followed, in order, by: Towers (136.33) second, Putnam County (100.16) third, Griffin (74) fourth, Monroe Area (58) fifth and Jasper County (36) sixth.
The final girls standings had Oglethorpe in first with 193.50 points followed, in order, by: Griffin (103.5) second, Towers (96) third, Jasper County (64) fourth, Putnam County (58) fifth and Monroe Area (57) sixth.